Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Lesson for Corpmates

So I've returned to an old carebear corporation of mine as the leader of their wormhole space operations. Now, I'm not a master at it by any means, but I know a bit more about the dangerous aspects of wormhole space, how to prevent them and how to perpetrate them upon others.

That being the case, I think it's about time I wrote up a brief explanation of how I like to do things. Being the good wormholer that I am, I'll post this information publicly in that hopes that everyone who sucks worse than I do can read this and suck a little bit less.

I'm not sure what to call my particular method in practicing PvP activities. I've always participated in PvP as if I were doing it for real.

For starters I stay out of sight. All predators utilize the element of surprise. It's a valuable advantage and shouldn't be squandered.

Secondly, I do my best to establish a comprehensive picture of the environment and my target. In wormhole space that means I'm usually scanning down all the sigs and doing recon on all the systems around me to understand where my target came from, where he's going and who might be around to help him or hinder me.

I learned early on - a baptism by fire, if you will - that actions based on good, complete intel dictate the outcome of the fight. What's funny is that these aren't new ideas. Some old, dead guy wrote The Art of War a while back and he spells out all these things in detail. If you've never read it you should.

At any rate, once I have all that situational awareness and intel that I'm looking for I make a judgement call on whether or not the conditions favor me. If I think I can swing a successful engagement I'll go for it. If not I'll go elsewhere.

Lesson over. Now go, my children, and commit space-murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment