Monday, October 21, 2013

Dictator Perpetuo

In 49BC Julius Caesar was elected Dictator in the Roman Republic. Dictator was an office occupied only in times of dire emergency and in order to resolve very specific issues. In the years 48-45BC Caesar was elected to the same office until being named as Perpetual Dictator - often referred to today as "Dictator for Life" - in 44BC.

He was assassinated several weeks later.

When my former corporation was disbanded I found myself wandering aimlessly through w-space. I didn't want to join a large alliance and deal with the drama inherent to such organizations. I desired the simple life of exploring the unknown and butchering helpless passersby.

Ironically, I found that my thoughts were constantly drawn to a corporation I'd previously worked with. Ironic, because I'd left them about a year previously to seek out bloodier pastures.

The corporation I was thinking of was Cosmology, a serious industrial corp that had a feeble presence in class 3 space. I contacted their CEO and because of my new experience in merciless slaughter as well as prior exemplary conduct in Cosmology I was offered the opportunity to re-join the ranks.

Appointed by the CEO as "Wormhole Commander" to take the reigns of the corporation's ops in w-space and armed with a Director role I've seized the title "Wormhole Dictator for Life."

It's been 2 weeks for me. Let's hope I can outlast the mighty Caesar.

No comments:

Post a Comment