Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Long Road Back

There have been many kings throughout history: great kings, weak kings, priest kings, god kings, foolish kings and even wise kings.

None of them are so special, however, as dead kings.

Poisoned, assassinated, slaughtered, betrayed and deposed, dead kings, whether they die in glorious battle and victory or suffer ignominious death via the errant bolt of a soup-maker, become the stuff of legend.

I, too, am a king – a dead king – crazed by exposure to the long dark of Anoikis and the deep places. I am dead yet free of the thief which stole my sanity.

In time my mind will recover. Perhaps with another clone; another rebirth.

Yes, I believe that's the key.

'Once there was a thief and the thief was God.'
- First line from The Exodus Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment