Sunday, March 10, 2013

Don't lose the Tengus

A few nights ago it was pretty quiet for us and I, being the impoverished wormholer that I am, had been scanning for sites to run. I found a couple of Instrumental Ladar sites and rallied a few guys who also needed to fatten their wallets. It took a few minutes, but I got four able-bodied Tengu pilots and we set off.

I suppose the only thing that makes this particular Tengu op noteworthy is that we weren't running these sites in home or our static, but four or five jumps down the chain in a null-bear expo system. No big deal as far as I was concerned. We had a dedicated scout in the system, the chain was quiet with the exception of a Helios probing (very poorly I might add) in our static, and we had enough firepower to clean out the Sleepers and head home.

Still, my CEO put the pressure on with the obligatory "You better not lose those Tengus." There's nothing really interesting to tell about the rest of it. Sleepers exploded and Ventures sucked up the gas while one of our guys reshipped to a Noctis to salvage the field.

That, in my eyes, is one of the best parts of wormhole space: the ability to quickly go deep into unknown and hostile territory, do something profitable and get out all under the pressure of paranoia bordering on psychosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment