Sunday, March 10, 2013

Forgotten


There is a special place in Hell for wormholers. It's called wormhole space.

It is the region of the universe where the despised and forgotten make their home and I am one of them. I take pride in living out here where the civilization of "enlightened" people has no true power. Certainly there are pockets of light in this vast darkness, but those pockets are an insignificant flicker against the backdrop of an endless, black abyss.

My victories and failings alike are likely to go unnoticed. They'll be eclipsed and forgotten. My entire existence will collapse and be lost behind the veil of history just as these wormholes that enable my existence in this place eb and flow in and out of existence.

As depressing as that may seem, I like the idea that I will become one of the many secrets w-space will keep to itself. There is no doubt in my mind I shall be in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment