Sunday, March 31, 2013

Throne of Lies

I messed up pretty bad today. I'll leave it at that for the moment since I think some back story is in order.

My alliance is currently under a declaration of war by some k-space bears (everyone who lives in k-space is a bear now) so we decided to take out a fleet and wreck some of their faces. The FC asked if anyone had anything good and shiny that we could use as bait in Jita, so I offered up my Navy-thron. It had a solid tank and would last more than long enough to act as bait.

A scout already in Jita had ID'd one war target sitting on the Jita 4-4 undock so I made my way there in a pod. The guy sitting on the undock was in a Megathron with a bunch of probes out. Naturally I was able to dock up without issue and proceeded to refit the bait ship for maximum tank.

I gave my thumbs up to the FC and once the fleet was in position I was given word to undock and engage. I did so, but this is where I screwed up. The guy wasn't firing back. I'm not sure what he was waiting for.

At any rate, I had him locked up and was giving it all the pew I could muster. When the FC asked how it was going I told him I had him aggressed and that he wasn't going anywhere. I was under the mistaken impression that if you're being fired on you can't dock. I'm not sure where I got idea, but it is wrong! So don't make the same mistake that I did.

Well... the fleet lands and starts applying DPS and the target docks. There was about a half-second of silence before the WTF's started to erupt. Here's a few of the highlights.

"I thought you said he was aggressed."

"That was definitely not 1 minute."

"He didn't even red-box you did he?"

"He said the war target was aggressed. He sits upon a throne of lies!"

Many of us have kids so I can make this analogy. You know how when a kid does something he realizes is incredibly wrong or when he breaks something he'll get really quiet and just hang his head? That was me last night once I realized what happened.

In addition to my throne of lies I also had a crown of shame. One might even say I Nutmegged us.

Ultimately, it was just a lesson learned and one I won't need to learn again. I'm sure it won't be the last time I have to deal with lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment